[shr-u] feeling less adventurous

Edder edder at tkwsping.nl
Sun May 9 19:35:17 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM, pike <pike-openmoko at kw.nl> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I flashed shr-u onto my Neo twice yesterday,
> and both times, though it worked fine at first,
> it didnt survive a deep sleep and never successfully
> booted again (*).
>
> So, I'm feeling less adventurous already. This
> used to be my daily phone :-/
>
> What would be a best choice to have a working
> phone that uses FSO ? SHR-t ? Debian ?

I've been really happy with SHR-t lately. Actually it has been stable
enough over the last weeks, that I trust it again as my primary phone
(knock on wood). There are some annoying bugs though, but they all
have workarounds.
1) When you start a message you can't type. This is due to a bug in
illume and the workaround is by first pressing continue and then back
again. A similar bug exists when entering new contacts.
2) Mokoconnect doesn't connect to wifi at all anymore. Currently using
nwa though, which does work.

Cheers,

Edwin