Neo Freerunner Display Broken (Updated)

Nashvin Gangaram nashving at gmail.com
Fri May 7 14:30:57 CEST 2010

Hi everyone

My Neo Freerunner display seems to be broken.  There are just bright lines
flashing on the screen (Some days some lines changes colour).  This issue is
always present.  However, the touchscreen seems to be working (The phone
responds to touches).  I can still ssh to the phone from my PC. The
filesystem is okay (all my files are still there), and the phone is working
otherwise.  I just can't see anything on the screen, except for some bright
flashing lines...

I don't think it is a software problem, because the issue is present even
when booting from NOR flash (holding AUX button + POWER)

I don't think it is a power-related problem, because I have tried using the
battery, as well as a PC USB port.

I have opened the phone, and the cable between display and board seems fine,
and all the connectors are sitting firmly.

Any advice on what to do?

Thank You