Java ME for QtMoko

ANT ant007h at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:09:42 CEST 2010

Hello,

I added a new package called "phonetiQ" [1] to QtMoko feed (Main
Menu->Settings->Software Packages). It is a GUI for phoneME [2] (Java ME
Virtual Machine) that allows you to easily install and use VM and midlets.
So, QtMoko is capable to run usual J2ME apps at decent speed now :D. Of
course, there are many bugs and limitations in the current version of VM
(e.g. virtual keyboard does not works), but a number of games that I tested
was 100% playable. You may search a video "phoneME on QtMoko" on YouTube to
see how it works. I also found a simple open source game TouchSenku [3] that
can be used for test purposes (you can download it directly from the GUI).
Quick start instructions are available at the project wiki [4].

[1] http://github.com/Sektor/phonetiq
[2] http://github.com/Sektor/phoneme-qtopia
[3] http://code.google.com/p/touchsenku/
[4] http://wiki.github.com/Sektor/phonetiq/