[ANNOUNCE] qi-bootmenu-0.1 for GTA02

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat May 15 13:45:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Al Johnson
<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> On Friday 14 May 2010, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I finally found time to test this.
> > Without a SD card in my FR, I only get the power off button. Cool!
> > I hav a SD card partitioned like this:
> > /dev/mmcblk0p1 - vfat, for storage
> > /dev/mmcblk0p2 - ext3,  QtMoko V22
> > /dev/mmcblk0p3 - ext3, QtMoko V23
> > /dev/mmcblk0p4 - swap
> >
> > with the SD card inserted, I see no bootmenu - it just boots
> /dev/mmcblk0p2
> > every time.
> > What's wrong?
>
> You forgot to tell Qi not to boot from the SD partitions. See:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qi#Files
>
> According to the readme[1] on the qi-bootmenu site, it is not necessary to
mark the SD paryitions as not bootable:
"The patches which are applied are thus not strictly necessary but they have

 a few advantages over vanilla Qi.

  - You won't have to mark your SD-card partition as not bootable via
    noboot-$MACHINE files"

I found out that I could get the boot menu to show up if I did the "AUX
press" move, but IMHO, that defeats the puprpose of the boot loader.
I want it to show up automatically, each time I boot my FR.