eyepiece/qtmoko with PDF support

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Mon May 17 21:21:54 CEST 2010

Radek Polak wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> works nice - i tried just one PDF, but it displayed nice. I can commit and
> recompile the eyepiece package with your changes if you want.

Yes, IMHO its good to have pdf viewer in a box. I was also thinking to
create image plugin for pdf, but found that api is very limited, so
probably it does not make a sense. I will try to find some time to fix
command line opening bug (probably - simply no mime type at all). Also i
think its better to add icon for PDF and DJVU files and default
association (?) with eyepiece for them for better integration. I really
like qtmoko for the concept of integrated OS (not just a set of apps),
so  its better to not break this :)
> The source in the tarbal is the latest one?

For now - yes. I started to work on page lister and per-file settings,
but probably its better not to wait for this now, because my time now is
very limited (