[Qtmoko] v23 doesn't recognize when headphone gets plugged in

gt at ergoarte.ch gt at ergoarte.ch
Thu May 20 08:15:55 CEST 2010

Answering myself after getting an answer from radekp by irc:

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:51:13AM +0200, gt at ergoarte.ch wrote:
> I found that qtmoko [v23] doesn't recognize when I plug in the
> headphones: sound comes from the headphones as well as the speakers.
> The scenario-files seem to be oke (a diff gsmhandset.state and
> gsmheadset.state shows the volumes that should be changed).
> Is this a known problem?

It is a known problem, for kernel 2.6.32 it is unknown how to use the
trigger event. Workaround: manually switch using these commands:

# for headset sound
alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/headset.state restore
# for speakersound
alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/stereoout.state restore

Of course this means that the phone rings via the headset only.

Gyelt
--
Arbeitstagebuch
http://ergoarte.ch/arte/blog/de_index.html