8 Gigabyte Sandisk MicroSDHC Incompatibility

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat May 22 17:06:14 CEST 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010, Vencabot Teppoo wrote:
> Alex Samorukov wrote:
> > Hi, i had the same problem, but good news is that this is very easy to
> > avoid.
> >
> > I put in the kernel line glamo_mci.sd_max_clk=10000000 setting. And
> > after this it works perfectly, no more problems so far for a ~5 months.
>
> This solution worked for me yesterday, but, today, it isn't working. That's
>  pretty bizarre... I was able to mkfs, fsck, mount, write, unmount,
>  re-mount, and read a written file last night using this solution. Today,
>  nothing doing; same problem as before. I tried re-partitioning and had the
>  same problem as before; the new devices didn't show up until I rebooted.
>  Still no luck.
>
> Can anyone think of a reason why it was working last night and not this
>  afternoon? I wish that I could provide more information, but I'd just left
>  the Freerunner charging over USB all night.

If it's behaving like my Kingston card it could fail during boot, after a few
minutes, or after many hours. I once thought I had it working, only for it to
fail again the following day. Adjusting the clock speed and drive strength
never made a consistent difference. I gave up and bought a working card, and
use the Kingston in the netbook.