QtMoko v22

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat May 22 18:57:09 CEST 2010

On Saturday 22 May 2010, Linus Gasser wrote:
> Le 14.05.10 23:28, Torfinn Ingolfsen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > The new version appears to work fine here (just a quick test so far).
> > BTW, my Ubuntu laptop (Xubuntu 9.10) exhibits a strange symptom: each
> > time I connect my FR, the network interface name increases:
> > eg. it started out with 'eth9' (what happened with usb0?), the next time
> > I connected the FR the interface was 'eth10', then 'eth11', 'eth12' and
> > so on. What gives?
>
> Same here on MacOSX10.5, if somebody has a solution for that problem, it
> would be great...

A randomly assigned MAC address would probably do that. Check whether it's
different each time you get a different ethX. If it is you can fix it in a
number of ways. SHR sets it in /etc/modprobe.d/g_ether.conf but you should
also be able to do it in /etc/network/interfaces if g_ether is compiled in.
The thread below should help.

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-community/2008/7/20/2584124