QtMoko v22

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat May 22 19:14:31 CEST 2010

Linus Gasser <list at markas-al-nour.org> writes:
>> The new version appears to work fine here (just a quick test so far).
>> BTW, my Ubuntu laptop (Xubuntu 9.10) exhibits a strange symptom: each
>> time I connect my FR, the network interface name increases:
>> eg. it started out with 'eth9' (what happened with usb0?), the next time
>> I connected the FR the interface was 'eth10', then 'eth11', 'eth12' and
>> so on. What gives?
>
> Same here on MacOSX10.5, if somebody has a solution for that problem, it
> would be great...

Check the mac address of FR. Usually it is supposed that your udev
rules will assign ethX device to FR by MAC and every time you plug it
in, it will rename the created interface. Take a look at your
persistent-net udev rules file.

To get persistent MAC on FR, you need to fetch it from the factory
ext2 partition and use as a kernel (or g_ether) parameter. Recent Qi
does that automatically.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com