Palm Pre 2

Frederik Sdun frederik.sdun at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:20:38 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2010, 13:12 +0100 schrieb Sylvain Paré:
> I take the opportunity to ask about the status of FSO on the Palm Pre.
> this page date a bit
> http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Palm_Pre:_Jan_2010_-_%3F
> tahnks
> BR
> Sylvain (aka GarthPS)
>

> 2010/11/3 Simon Busch <morphis at gravedo.de>
>         On 02.11.2010 14:23, Sylvain Paré wrote:
>         > The new Palm PRE 2 is out in France
>         > http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre2/
>         >
>         http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/telephone-portable/palm-pre-2?vue=000agv&sfrcpid=t1_mob_model_goog&s_kwcid=TC|8951|palm%20pre%202||S||6139520240
>         >
>         > Does anyway knows something about this new hardware?
>         > Very different from its little brother? (palme pre)
>         > Is their a chance to see FSO/SHR ported to this device ? (if
>         it is as far
>         > open as the first palm pre or even more open)
>

>         I don't know any details about the Pre 2. But it looks like
>         they changed
>         only some stuff of the Pre and release it as Pre 2. I think
>         the most
>         critical part of the Pre 2 is again the modem. If they use the
>         same one
>         as in the Pre we should be able to port FSO/SHR very fast.
>
>         regards,
>         morphis

Moin,

I'm just trying to extract the config from the new webosdoctor to figure
out what's different. But it looks like  the Pre 2 is the same as the
Pre except it uses an omap3460 and an library indicates that there's a
geomagnatic module in it: http://bit.ly/lsm303dlh
The statuspage might need some updates, but you can search for
screenshot on http://scap.linuxtogo.org. Boardname: Sirloin OMAP3430
board.
Here's the latest one:
http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/efba002db1516f2aae747944e7d336c4.png