Backup "batteries" installed

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Fri Nov 5 10:18:24 CET 2010

2010-11-04 at 21:23 Benjamin Deering

> I have had the capacitors installed for a few days now and they are
> still working well.  I left the FR with a dead battery overnight and
> when I plugged it in in the following day, it had the correct time.
>
> The digikey part number is: 728-1037-1-ND and the manufacturer's number
> (seiko) is: XH414H-II06E.  I would recommend looking around on the site
> to see if you can find one with the correct bracket.
>
> Ben

I like very much your solution! (I think it's also more environment friendly)
can we have a similar super-cap on the upcoming gta04?

btw, "dead battery overnight" could be enough energy for the rtc... can you test how long you keep the correct time removing the main battery?
because we must do that to change the sim or uSD... and I'd like to know how fast... ;)
--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.