GPRS Settings for AT&T

Brian Kemp brian.kemp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 00:58:04 CET 2010

A while back I inquired about how to set up GPRS for AT&T in the US.
These are the settings I can't make head nor tail of. Comments after #

#I'm fairly sure I don't need these two lines
Name: MEdia Net
Homepage: http://device.home

Service Type 1: WAP
Gateway IP: 66.209.11.61
Port 1: 9201
Domain 1: Blank

#Guessing this means it's not in use
Service Type 2: WAP
Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000
Port 2: 9201
Domain 2: blank

DNS 1: 000.000.000.000
DNS 2: 000.000.000.000
Timeout: 15 minutes.

#unsure as to what a CSD is. The numbers look like US phone numbers
CSD No 1: 14152441012 or 18472549271
Username: WAP at CINGULAR.COM (required for CSD use only)
Password CINGULAR1 (required for CSD use only)
Speed (Bps) 1: 9600
Linetype 1: ISDN

#again, guessing not used
CSD 2: Blank
Username 2: Blank
Password 2: Blank
Speed (Bps): 9600
Line Type 2: ISDN

#what makes this u/p combo different from the one above?
GPRS APN: wap.cingular
Username: <leave blank>
Password: <leave blank>

#boilerplate chat disclaimer I got from the tech support guy
"Please be aware that unlocked phones are not guaranteed to work on the
ATT network.
When you use an unlocked phone you are running a chance that your
internet and picture messages will not work.
This is because the phone does not have the pre programmed network
settings inside the phone.
The downside is that there is no way to get these settings into the
phone.
The only way to ensure that you can use these features is to use a ATT
phone on the ATT network."

#I'm not even sure HOW to translate these into GPRS settings Qtmoko can
make sense of. I will try & respond w/ /var/log/messages

--
--Brian Kemp
brian.kemp at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint: 1E5BF363