qtmoko v28, strange behaviour with the earphones

Joif fdvjoif at vodafone.it
Tue Nov 9 18:15:23 CET 2010

hello
Since I installed the v28 I noticed a strange behaviour with the openmoko
earphones. Maybe it is just a coincidence and my earphones are broken (and
I'm off-topic, sorry :) ) but there is someone else who experienced
anomalies with the earphones and the v28?
What happen to me: if I make or receive a call and the earphones are plugged
in, the sound comes out from both the speaker of the neo and the right
earphone, but very very low for the latter; "Headphone" volume control from
qalsamixer seems to be inefficient; if during the call I switch from
"handset" to "speakerphone", the sound comes out from both the speakerphone
and the right earphone but this time very very loud. If I use qmplayer to
play a song the sound comes out from both the speakerphone and the right
earphone, qmplayer volume controls affects both.
There is someone else with this strange behaviour with v28 and the
earphones? Otherwise... I have to suppose that my earphones are broken :)