Address the WM8753 directly

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Thu Nov 11 09:58:02 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 12:57 -0800, W. B. Kranendonk wrote:
> --- On Wed, 11/10/10, Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > From: Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>
> > > The ultimate goal is to make a FR to FR modem
> > conection, using the GSM
> > > voice band.
> >
> > Why? Is this just to see whether it's possible, or how bad
> > the voice channel
> > is as a data connection when compared to the data channel?
>
> I can imagine using such a solution on a flatfee subscribtion that does not include data traffic. Just don't tell me you want to use the resulting connection for VoIP :-P
>
> Boudewijn

Hi all,

Yes, i would like to see if it is possible and refresh my C programming
skills.
It is indeed a flat fee voice subscription, data would cost extra.
VOIP is not what i had in mind ;-)
But i think i can use it to send GPS data from one FR to another.
Or use it for a commandline connection.

Kind regards,
Ed