MeeGo 1.1 for FreeRunner?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 20:08:20 CET 2010

On Tuesday 16 November 2010, Gay, John (GE Energy Services, Non-GE) wrote:
> Does anyone know how difficult it would be to port MeeGo to the
> FreeRunner?
>
> After all, we don't have enough distro's yet (-=

http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Porting_Guide

All looks rosy until you get to the bit about requiring the Khronos graphics
APIs. If you look at the draft spec you'll see they don't currently support
our old ARM architecture, and I guess they're unlikely to add it. Then again
they haven't defined the requirements for the handset profile yet.

I could be being overly negative though, so feel free to ask over on the
meego-porting list mentioned in the guide. We already have bootloader, kernel
and drivers, and working X. We already use connman, and iirc someone added
Calypso support to ofono for the FR already. If it wasn't for the graphics it
should be a 'simple' matter of writing the required configs and setting the
build system going ;-)