[qtmoko] Strange display on v28 with jitterless kernel

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Thu Nov 18 16:55:30 CET 2010

Hi Radek, Vinzenz,

Vinzenz, thank you for verifing a bit late, but anyway confirmed that
problem fixed.

Also, i want to clarify a bit of disorder here, Radek, you seem working
really hard as you recommend to use 28.1, but Vinzenz reported bug
against v28.1 kernel you recommend, and proposed to replace 28.1 with
new file.

We have:

1. kernel git  (look into this log while reading my letter)
(https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commits/qtmoko-v29 )

2. v28 kernel (in sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/uImage-v28.bin/download )
this kernel is compiled with last patch 2010-10-15 ("
Enable leds and vibrator ")

3. v28.1 kernel (with ts patch version 1 against which you reported bug:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/uImage-v28.1.bin/download )
Last commit is version 1 of ts patch which had problem you describe,
from 2010-10-20
"s3c2410_ts: jitter less version for glamo"

4. Kernel i posted for you to confirm this bug is fixed (with ts patch version 2):
http://bsdmn.com/openmoko/jitterless/uImage-b2.bin
 ( + modules in my mail)
this is all branch up to 2010-10-25 (+HZ +guid) + updated jitterless patch

5. Now we have this patch committed to git (see 2010-11-08 commit) (ts patch version 4, no user-visible diff to version 2)

So, 28.1 is actually different from kernel i asked to test and
difference is in bug fix for bug which you reported. So, you still have
to use my kernel to have fixed kernel and this is only kernel in qtmoko
which has this bug fixed :)

urghhh, i'll try to produce less versions next time,
Gennady.