[Shr-User] [e-users] Someone is trying to patent Quickwriting

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Thu Nov 25 00:10:24 CET 2010

Joachim Ott wrote:
> On 24 November 2010 11:15, Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:

>>> I'm French, and after a quick search, I couldn't find this patent.
>>> Furthermore, I doubt INPI would accept this, it's about industrial
>>> patents, we don't have things like software patents.
>>>
>>        I made another attempt to look for this patent at http://www.epo.org/
>> and http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/index.jsp but failed here also. Any
>> ideas where to find this patent?
>>        There is one more strangeness, looking at their schematic drawings, it
>> looks like this patent application is not finished yet. Maybe they have
>> not applied it yet?
>>

> 1058945 is, as they stated on their page, an application number, not
> yet a patent number.
>
> nb: when I was searching for patent claim "Dispositif de saisie de
> signes comprenant une zone de base", I found another company
> (swypeinc.com) that has patented an input method.

Patent applications are usually only made public 18 months after date of
filing, therefore you can't find it on the online databases. Since the,
apparently international, application is in French, most likely it will
be searched at the European Patent Office.

Some useful links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_application
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_participation_in_patent_examination

In any case, someone posted in another mail that Quickwriting already
has a patent pending.

Regards,
Fernando