Interesting new 'Open' Hardware & how do I build shr for it?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:46:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 01:41:18AM -0800, c_c wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>   Can you elaborate? Say I add another conf file to conf/machine/ called
> K7.conf. How do I now make a root image for this arch? Of course, I intend
> keeping my build system intact for the FR too. So how do I get bitbake to
> build images for both in different places on my file system.
>   As you can see, I'm quite a noobie when it comes to using bitbake for
> building images and that sort of thing.

You can start here:
http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Adding_a_new_Machine

For SHR builds:
If you update MACHINE=K7 in local.conf or auto.conf (if using SHR Makefile)
and launch image build it will build new image in deploy/images/K7 with
right arch etc.

multimachine builds with same tmpdir are working fine so no need to
setup another environment (at least all -native builds are shared for
multimachine builds)

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com