Sandisk 16GB SDHC not mountable

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sat Oct 2 20:04:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I partitioned my 16GB SDHC (class 2) card, so I had a 512MB ext3 primary partition as /dev/mmcblk0p1, but Qi would not boot from it.
So I booted my NAND system (older SHR-U, 1.6.29 kernel) which shows me correct partition with fdisk -l but would not mount it.

I recreated the filesystem with mkfs.ext3 on freerunner but it still would not mount it. fsck could not even check the fs:
e2fsck -f -C0 /dev/mmcblk0p1
e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
e2fsck: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/mmcblk0p1

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Trying the fsck suggestion to use an alternate superblock did not help either.

I then created a partition and filesystem over the whole disk, but same result. No chance to even check the filesystem.

I also tried to switch back from Qi with glamo 242 to the old one - still no success.

In my 2 card readers the card does work though.

Does anyone of you have any ideas?

Thanks,
 Christian