Help from Always Innovating ?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun Oct 3 16:05:56 CEST 2010

Alfa21 <freerunner at my.is.it> writes:
> 2010-09-29 at 00:16 Chuck Norris
> >
> > I've asked them about missing this feature.
> > Here are answer:
> >
> > We do not have a 3G or GSM option because we do not want to force a
> > subscription on customers.  Instead we want to focus on using wifi and
> > free Skype calls.
>
> "force subscription"?!
> LOL... maybe they do not know what actually the word "option" means?
> fool or fail? ;)

Well, `not wanting to force subscriptions' is actually the right answer
if it would have been an `either/or' choice.

More probably, it's because it's just not viable to include it in a
device that size at that price-range--there have been in-depths
discussions about this as it pertained to the FreeRunner, previously;
they're probably still applicable.

As far as the full-sized tablet goes, you could look into getting a
UMTS/HSDPA/whatever USB stick to connect to one of those internal USB ports.
I've seen ones that may be small enough for as low as $50 US, though
it's not obvious how well they'd work from inside the tablet.