Wikireader development - Ideas and improvements

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Mon Oct 4 10:07:04 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Christoph Pulster <openmoko at pulster.de> wrote:

> > Openmoko has not stopped the development of the Wikireader
>
> Sean, can you confirm this ?

Hi Christoph

We're still super active developing WikiReader. You can view our
latest commits here:

  http://github.com/wikireader

Over the past few months we've been working on many new language
variants. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, all have working virtual keypads
now. We also have a download tool under development for Windows and OS
X for people who want to use an easy interface to update their
WikiReader. This will be pushed to github with a formal release later
this  month.

Overall we're quite happy with our progress on the technical side as
well as the sales side.

But we definitely would love to see more community involvement.

I'm going to reply in detail to Patrick's email shortly. I just got
back in the office. It's been a busy last few weeks for us.

Sean