Help from Always Innovating ?

Thomas HOCEDEZ thomas.hocedez at free.fr
Tue Oct 5 02:09:59 CEST 2010

  On 10/04/2010 06:04 PM, Chuck Norris wrote:
> 04.10.2010 17:08, Thomas HOCEDEZ пишет:

>>> last answer from Always Innovating to me was:
>>>
>>> Thank you for your feedback.  We are aware that many customers wish
>>> to have a GSM option available, and we do our best to satisfy as
>>> many customers as possible.  Unfortunately, we currently do not have
>>> any plans to release a version of the Mini Book with GSM
>>> capabilities.  If that possibility opens up to us in the future, we
>>> will be sure to make note of it on our website.
>> Argh, So sad....
>>
>> Though, I'd like to know if the minibook is also Opensource hardware,
>> so we can investigate on the way to insert a canibalized usb stick...
>>
>> Asthro, Always inventive

> It would be very cool...
I watched the specs of this device(1), and I saw there is an ISP1520(2)
chip, which is an USB hub  controller !! The 4 ports are used, and I
think accelerometers are plugged there.... who really care
accelerometers ? ;-)

I'm more & more excited by this project ! I have t find a cool & small
GSM Usb dongle...

Asthro

(1) http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/wiki/index.php/MID_board
(2) http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download2/expired_datasheets/ISP1520_4.pdf