New Phone Project (MiniMoko) : Which functionalities ?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Oct 6 17:18:25 CEST 2010

  Em 06-10-2010 13:41, Thomas HOCEDEZ escreveu:
>    * 480x320 3.5" capacitive touchscreen

A phone is the perfect size to integrate:

  * personal communication (phone, IM, social network)
  * always present camera (still or moving pictures)
  * computational needs (ssh somewhere, do stuff)
  * run useful programs (like email, web browser, games, other apps)

For these to run well in a phone you need at least 480x800. The
Freerunner's 480x640 is definitly too small for most web browsing.

If I go one step further in size, I'm talking about tablets:

 From personal experience with a SmartQ7 (now sadly broken), I attest
the following: 480x800 is *not* enough for displaying a more complex
document properly (eg, a PDF with readable text and pleasently
displayed), you need a bigger screensize.

  So when you consider such small resolutions... it's definitely not for me.

But good luck, though.
Rui