New Phone Project (MiniMoko) : Which functionalities ?

swap38 swap38 at openmoko-fr.org
Thu Oct 7 01:30:28 CEST 2010

Le 06/10/2010 14:41, Thomas HOCEDEZ a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> As you might have read, Always Innovating (A.I.), is opened to think
> about a collaboration between them and us (Openmoko community)  to build
> a phone based on their MiniBook.

IMHO, this is probably the best news since a (too) long time !
It's a really GREAT idea !

Let me explain my dream :

A MiniMoko with at least :
- GSM/3G
- mini-USB port (with host mode ?)
- GPS

less important :
- better camera (for shots)
- bluetooth (for headphones + mic)
- higher screen resolution

And finally will need a simple dock for home with :
- HDMI port (-> desktop screen)
- USB ports (-> mouse + keyboard + peripherals)
- hard disk (-> sata ? USB3 ?)

That would be the perfect device !
I'm not enought skilled in hardware nor software development, but I will
buy one !
I'm ready to pre-order now for those features at reasonnable cost ;-)

--
/swap38
http://openmoko-fr.org