community Digest, Vol 204, Issue 8

Thomas HOCEDEZ thomas.hocedez at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 14:42:36 CEST 2010

Hi Gennady, I'm proud of your answer.

My idea for the future is based on the FR story. Building a device, that
should be sold & used immediatly after opening the box (not 2 years
after ;-) ). So the nobody person, with just an idea of FOSS (or not)
will be taunted, and everyone like here too.
That's why FR got those problems :  OS lacks. The hardware is still good
now, 3 or 4 years after which is ENORMOUS on this market. It has some
'marketing issues' : no camera, no Faceboob application, but it was the
first. And we can compare it to a teenager, not knowing how to handle
his body. So no credibility.

Now we have Android that can be ported & being used a the commercial
argument. So the software won't be a problem for the customer. Then if
we have enough power inside the beast to let developpers have fun with
it, it would be a double win !

And as you said, the Community is there, and as clever as active,   so,
it won't be a problem to find answers & more ideas of what to do.

This project can represent a 'step 2' of the Freerunner/Free phone
adventure, there is one big chance to do something this way, and I will
do whatever I can to make it happen.

AstHrO.