[ANNOUNCE] qi-bootmenu-0.2

David Garabana Barro david at garabana.com
Thu Oct 7 16:39:59 CEST 2010

On Jueves, 7 de Octubre de 2010 16:25:03 Marc Andre Tanner escribió:
> David Garabana Barro schrieb:

> > Does the modified Qi includes 242 glamo timings patch?
>
> No. It's the same as in the initial release (built sometime in February)
> I am not really up to date regarding the glamo timings, is it stable?
> What are the prefered settings? If you provide a patch I can add it.
> Or better yet someone should commit it to the openmoko git repository
> then I will pick it up 'automatically'.
>
> I only found:
>
>   http://dos.openmoko.pl/overclock/
>
> but it seems you can change the timings at runtime too.
>
>   ./memwrite $((0x48000008)) $((0x1380))

Nop, it's no related with overclock (which is not stable for everyone).

Glamo timings are totally stable, because they are simply put at the values the
glamo documentation says they should be.

More info:
http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg60256.html

Here you have uboot patch:

http://www.bsdmn.com/openmoko/glamo/242/

And patched Qi:

http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg60284.html

As it's not overclocking, and speedup is noticeable, it would be great if you
put it by default on your Qi.

Thank you