Wikireader development - Ideas and improvements

Christopher Hall hsw at openmoko.com
Wed Oct 13 05:06:22 CEST 2010

Hello Patrick,

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 14:31:54 +0200
Patrick Beck <pbeck at yourse.de> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> Am Montag, den 04.10.2010, 16:34 +0800 schrieb Sean Moss-Pultz:
> > Just about everything is done in Python that has to do with parsing.
> > So you should be fine. If you are interested in developing, get our
> > codes from github, let us know when you have something good, and
> > we'd love to pull it back into future releases.
> >
> > Feel free to email us if you have any questions!
>
> I have looked into the code a bit and have a few starting problems.
> Perhaps you can write a small howto about generating the files for the
> wikireader:
>
> - Which base files use the wikireader for converting => XML Datadump?
> - How works the converting process where i have to store the data?
> - Is it possible to use only one file for converting?
> 	* so it's possible to generate own content - not a wiki.
Yes you can generate content from a single file and there are a couple
of samples to test the process in xml-sample-files.

I added a wiki page:
http://github.com/wikireader/wikireader/wiki/Building-an-image
to give a brief overview of converting one of these files.
Please let me know if this is any help.

--
Best regards.
Christopher Hall                      hswATopenmoko.com