[Shr-User] uSD hosed, on every unstable.

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 15:22:53 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010, jeremy jozwik wrote:
> for those who care:
>
> today, for some reason, i decided to tear down my freerunner. when i
> got the PCB board out i took a moment to look at the sd card reader. i
> noticed of the 4 little black squares just next to the sd card reader,
> only 3 of them seemed to be there. im thinking i must have popped one
> off while trying to remove the micro sd card some time along the way.

Judging by your photo and the component placement doc that would be R7507
which according to the schematic is 75R, and connects the SD_DATA0 pin on the
connector to the chip. That certainly explains why your SD won't work!

> since it seems like a simple fix, im wondering if the capacitor lister
> in [1] is the same as the 4 lined up between the sd reader and the
> battery connector.

No - the 4 components are resistors not capacitors. The capacitor fix hasn't
been needed since the full kernel fix that correctly implemented the Glamo's
SD drive strength adjustment.