[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 19 17:13:12 CEST 2010

> Am 16.09.2010 um 10:03 schrieb Sylvain Paré:
>
>> and which are the next steps between this and a real future GTA04 end-user phone?
>
> For the hardware, we have to test the PCB and see if it smokes or the
> Tux smiles on the screen. Then, we have to get RF certifications
> and get components for building more than some samples.

Today, we received the first PCBs for the GTA04. It has passed a
mechanical test (just some connectors and buttons mounted) and this
bare board fits exactly into the GTA02 case.

Next, some chips are soldered and we do measurements. Before
we solder the more expensive components (CPU, UMTS module).

I will keep you updated.

Nikolaus