let's launch a FR into space

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 21:58:58 CEST 2010

> > Would a FR be able to connect to GSM cells from 30km
> above
> > ground?
> I don't know but would doubt it from theory.
> Antennas [directed at] earth's surface.
I second the theory. How about wifi? Line of sight should not be a problem on a cloudles day...  The baloon could be shaped as a directional antenna when covering the top half in a reflective coating. An amateur radio telescope could use a wifi dongle as receiver and track the baloon as it rises into space.

> (...)
Hahaha, plug nav-board ;-)