[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Fri Oct 22 01:05:01 CEST 2010

On 10/21/2010 07:59 PM, Alfa21 wrote:
> you should try 3d print like this:
<snip>
> made in ABS which is a good plastic and up to 0.01 inches resolution

Unfortunately, that's not quite good enough (different units).
0.01 inches = 0.254 mm, which is 2.54 times the required size:

On 10/21/2010 07:32 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> the required precision (0.1 mm, 0.5 mm wall thickness, etc.)

0.1 mm is approximately 0.0039 inches.

I have a question, though - is this precision required for making *any*
well-working case design (due to the electronics etc.), or is it just
for making more of the current case design?

If it's the latter, it would be possible to create a new case design
that would be easier to get manufactured...

--
Regards,
EdorFaus