[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Oct 22 08:10:28 CEST 2010

Am 21.10.2010 um 19:59 schrieb Alfa21:

> 2010-10-21 at 19:06 David Lanzendörfer
>
>>> True, but they're available from many more suppliers than moko plastics! Shame
>>> there isn't a transreflective version though...
>> I today recieved the plastic parts for a RepRap.
>> So we can soon start to design and produce the case for new OpenMokos.
>> Only barrier: We need an extruder and some kilogram of granule first... -_-
>>
>> lg leviathan
>
> you should try 3d print like this:
> http://www.printo3d.com/
> (and many others sellers!)

I have asked them for a quotation (using STL data). Independently of
the resulting quality we have to expect that a single set of plastic parts
costs more than a complete Freerunner...

So it confirms (again) our observation that all rapid prototyping methods
are too expensive.

I.e. we have to get quantity, i.e. enough people who clearly want a (new)
case. This is more about revitalizing this community, and creating new
hype for completely free and open smartphones.

Ideas?

Nikolaus