[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Fri Oct 22 09:46:00 CEST 2010

2010-10-22 at 08:24 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller

> So if we reduce precision of the case production process, the buttons become
> larger and finally, the phone is more a brick than a handheld phone :)
>
> Personally, I am in favour of high-end high-quality design (like the iPhone)
> even if it costs money.

I agree... but is 3d printing etc. just for prototypes or do you plan to use that also for the final product (with big volumes mass production)?

I think 3d printing is ok only for the first case, to try also different shapes before but finalized to build the final and more precise mould.

also I think a classic mould process is expensive just for small scales but for a mass production it's cheaper (on a single unit) and _faster_ than 3d print.
and also it's more appealing to the eye of the final customer to see a smoth and higrade product.

btw I think this is the really last step in the production process.

by now imho it's more adequate to replace the current circuit board from our gta0x and eventually drill holes if you plan to add some different connector to the pcb (maybe a hdmi?) ;)

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.