qmoko v28 with jitterless kernel

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Sun Oct 24 11:16:55 CEST 2010

В Птн, 22/10/2010 в 22:45 +0100, giacomo mariani пишет:

> But, yes there is a but, I can't ssh to the mobile.
> Looking, in qterminal, at the output of ifconfig everything looks as usual, but demsg givs some strange error when the USB cable is attached:
> g_ether gadget: full speed config #2: RNDIS
> is followed by a groing (maybe one per second) list of
> s3c24xx-ts s2c2440-ts: stylus_irq: count=1

Interesting problem!

First of all, both kernels work ok here in ssh and touchscreen aspects.

So, few questions to handle this:

1. Have you tried 2 kernels - with jitterless patch and without one and
found that jitterless one has not working usb ethernet and in other one
usb ethernet is working?

2. jitterless patch has no relation to ethernet and has no way to
activate expect touching touchscreen.

3. the "s3c24xx-ts s2c2440-ts: stylus_irq: count=1" means just that we
recieved expected touchsreen release event (ie you releasing you finger
from ts). Is this message appears without touching touchscreen? if yes,
this is very interesting. just debug message, It would be normal to just
remove it, but it's quite rare (once per release-touch), so nobody just
bothered to remove it.

Some problems with TS not really impossible, I got some strange
unexpected interrupts before. But despite of handling consequences of
such interrupts, causes are still unclean.

Would be good to see full kernel log also.

> g_ether gadget: full speed config #2: RNDIS

4. RNDIS is something related to windows network. Can you try to connect
FR to linux box?

Gennady.