qmoko v28 with jitterless kernel

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Sun Oct 24 19:41:45 CEST 2010

В Вск, 24/10/2010 в 18:46 +0100, giacomo mariani пишет:
> > > But, yes there is a but, I can't ssh to the mobile.
> > > Looking, in qterminal, at the output of ifconfig
> > everything looks as usual, but demsg givs some strange error
> > when the USB cable is attached:
> > > g_ether gadget: full speed config #2: RNDIS
> > > is followed by a groing (maybe one per second) list of
> >
> > > s3c24xx-ts s2c2440-ts: stylus_irq: count=1
> >
> > Interesting problem!
> >
> > First of all, both kernels work ok here in ssh and
> > touchscreen aspects.
> >
> > So, few questions to handle this:
> >
> > 1. Have you tried 2 kernels - with jitterless patch and
> > without one and
> > found that jitterless one has not working usb ethernet and
> > in other one
> > usb ethernet is working?
> >
> I've only tried the patched one...

Ah, ok. I thought it is about problems specific to jitterless kernel
because of subject :)

> > 2. jitterless patch has no relation to ethernet and has no
> > way to
> > activate expect touching touchscreen.
> >
> I trust you :-)
>
> > 3. the "s3c24xx-ts s2c2440-ts: stylus_irq: count=1" means
> > just that we
> > recieved expected touchsreen release event (ie you
> > releasing you finger
> > from ts). Is this message appears without touching
> > touchscreen?
> You are completely right, it appears only if I touch the screen but yesterday I didn't argued it :-(

So, forget about touchscreen and jitter, both ts and are ok (i just
started thinking so because of 'one per second').

> > if yes, this is very interesting. just debug message, It would be
> > normal to just
> > remove it, but it's quite rare (once per release-touch), so
> > nobody just
> > bothered to remove it.
> >
> I've a loglevel=4 variable in uboot-env, may I set it to 0?

Normally this should be changed in kernel code.

> > Some problems with TS not really impossible, I got some
> > strange
> > unexpected interrupts before. But despite of handling
> > consequences of
> > such interrupts, causes are still unclean.
> >
> > Would be good to see full kernel log also.
> >
> It's quite difficult with no connection...  will try with wi-fi as soon as I can.

No need, as your problem not related to touchscreen.

> > > g_ether gadget: full speed config #2: RNDIS
> >
> > 4. RNDIS is something related to windows network. Can you
> > try to connect
> > FR to linux box?
> >
> I use freebsd (tried 6.x and 8.x). I will try linux  as soon as I can.

Probably this may help to identify problem.

Regrads,
Gennady.