[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 15:17:40 CEST 2010

--- On Tue, 10/26/10, Andreas Fischer <cyberfrag at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 26.10.2010 12:14, Dr. H. Nikolaus
> Schaller wrote:
>
> > How many new cases would you and your friends buy if
> it costs:
> > * 20 EUR
> > * 50 EUR
> > * 100 EUR
> > * 200 EUR
>
> (...) 20 Euros is
> a no-brainer (...)
> 50 Euros still sound ok to me. Anything above 100 Euros
> seems to be a
> bit steep for me.

I agree on the 20 and 50 euro options, when talking just about the case. When talking about (fictive) 350E for a complete phone, that seems OK if you don't know that it's 150 for electronics and 200 for the case.

Over 100E might be steep for only the case, but combined with the "foundation" idea Nikolaus launched it might get interesting:
*  20 E
*  50 E
* 100 E and one share in the Opencase foundation
* 200 E and two shares in the Opencase foundation
or a similar scheme. In case (no pun intended) we use a production method that scales well, the average case price will lower over time and after a break even the foundation could pay the shareholders. Probably gives loads of headaches in administration, but could be an option :-)

Boudewijn