[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 17:24:06 CEST 2010

--- On Tue, 10/26/10, Ed Kapitein <ed at kapitein.org> wrote:
> Since it seems so hard to have a custom made case, why not
> use an
> existing case for a HTC, nokia, iphone or the like?
> (or a chinese replica)
> The layout of the PCB needs to be alltered ofcourse, but it
> seems that
> it might be an easier thing to do.

It depends on the model, I think. I was looking for a new case (with the paint still on) for a Motorola A780, but they still cost $80 (which is quite steep for having the paint back...)

I never looked for other cases; would there be any trademark/copyright issues? Perhaps we should look for the case of an open phone, like.. ehr... yes, like which phone ;-)

Boudewijn