[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Oct 27 10:15:45 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 26 October 2010 17:50:43 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Suddenly it became obvious...
>
> There is an open phone where approx. 18000 cases have been sold.
>
> It is called "Neo Freerunner" (and 3000 thereof are Neo 1973).
> So there are nice cases out there. Well, they lack some features,
> but other cases aren't perfect either.
>
> So why get a different one, when most of us already have one :)

Agree, i am more interested in the board now than the case. Until all the
software is working the case is not problem for me.

When it starts working as a phone i will not need my freerunner case anymore,
since i dont plan to carry 2 phones with me. I think your strategy is good.

Another idea - i wonder if i could make the case of wood. That would be very
environment friendly and wood is also good material. But that's just idea.

I was thinking about buying N900 since it's very cheap now, but this project
looks much better and i am looking forward to start some hacking on it :)

Regards

Radek