Openmoko on Wikipedia

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Oct 29 11:18:41 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 10:27 +0200, Eric Ehlers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I added a new section (2.5) to the Openmoko page on wikipedia in an
> attempt to reflect the latest status of the project:
>
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openmoko
I also think that the history is a bit short, but I don't know enough to
complete it.
For instance, I think it was the first commercial free phone. but I
don't know when exactly the gta01 and gta02 were commercialized.
I also wonder if it's the first commercial phone(or not) that permitted
the installation of native applications(I wonder if the app store for
the iphone came before or after the openmoko)
It would be nice to have more info, because else it would be
forgetten...

Denis.