Openmoko on Wikipedia

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Oct 29 22:55:11 CEST 2010

> This is done to protect users from malware,

Please don't spread such misinformation.  It is done to keep control of
the device away from the user.  I.e. it's only correct if you define
"malware" as "program that the company doesn't like", whereas I think
it's usually understood as "program which does things that the end-user
doesn't like".  Many pre-installed software on today's popular devices
are actually malware (tho only discerning users realize it).

        Stefan