FS Freerunner

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sun Sep 5 22:42:34 CEST 2010

 On 05/09/10 17:13, xChris wrote:
>  I know about it.
>
> I had no luck, the FR does not 'see' my 3G SIM (three mobile UK).
> But the WTF is that a 2005 mobile (Nokia 6320i) CAN use that SIM and the FR
> can't!
Is it that the FR can't read the SIM, or can't register with the network.

Three are well known for blocking all 2G phones on their network, though
the details of how they do it are fairly vague. One story is that they
disconnect SIMs that get used in 2G devices, another theory is that they
have a whitelist of approved devices, and only allow them to register.

I suggest you try another network.