running Xorg as non-root (with xserver-xorg-video-fbdev)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at
Mon Sep 6 16:48:54 CEST 2010

Em 06-09-2010 10:01, Timo Juhani Lindfors escreveu:
> Hi,
> just out of curiosity I tried running Xorg as non-root. I was
> surprised that it worked since this does not seem to be advertised
> anywhere. So, consider yourself informed!
> Details are at

This is awesome, and a good step to remove a lot of risk. Only problem
in shr is the whole lotta stuff that still needs to be fixed (eg, the
opim stuff *should* move to $HOME/.config/freesmartphone/opim rather
than /etc/freesmartphone/opim ), samething for alsa statefiles, etc...