How to maximize GPS battery life ?

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:50:09 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Xavier Cremaschi
<omega.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, I think I would do something like this :
> - launch fsoraw -r GPS tangogps and start logging
There is an app specifically made for GPS logging (OMGPSLOG???) that
does not do any 'fancy' calculations and does not display bitmap
graphics. So if it's _just_ logging, you don't need the maps..

> - let the FR disable display after 30s (problem : any touch on screen
> will keep it up)
I've thought about letting the AUX button (when pressed for 5 seconds)
turn off the touch screen. You can unlock by pressing AUX, and no
touch screen -> no waking up!

Christ van Willegen