[FSO API] PIM/Bunk updates

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:13:12 CEST 2010

Hello,
PIM API now has a single-entry model. It means that one entry at a
time can be modified or deleted. And this means one query for each
entry: veeeeery slow.

I propose to create some new methods in the PIM API in order to be
able to do bunk modifications to the databases. This might be done in
either three ways:

1) create methods in org.freesmartphone.PIM.Calls, such as DeleteAll()
and UpdateAll(properties)
2) implement the already present methods in
org.freesmartphone.PIM.Call in /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Calls to
actually Update() or Delete() all entries
3) implement the already present methods in
org.freesmartphone.PIM.Call in /org/freesmartphone/PIM/CallQuery to
make filtered modifications

Honestly I prefer method 3, IMO I think it's the most flexible.
However implementing all the 3 methods shouldn't be so painful.

--
daniele_athome