qtmoko v26 bluetooth headset

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Sep 16 07:44:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I upgraded to v26 of qtmoko and it looks pretty darn good! Wifi worked out of the box with wpa/psk
which is an awesome feat!

Anyway I tried to get my bluetooth headset to work, and I am not sure exactly what needs to be done
to make this work seemlessly.

I paired OK, I connected as handsfree, and the headset beeped. Clicking the headset button did not
do anything, it should usually recall the last number or bringup the dialing screen.

Neither of the media players (mplayer and the other one) played through the headset, and voice
record did not record or playback through the headset either.

I have not tried to make a GSM call yet using the headset, but was wondering how far the BT
integration has gone?

1. Should it work with a GSM call? If so what else has to be done to make it work?
2. Will the headset button answer an incoming call?
3. Do I have to manually connect everytime I want to use the headset? or will it automatically
connect when in range (like my other cells phones).
4. I notice in the tools there is a start gsm bt audio fix, what does that do? does it need to be
done every time I start up the phone or connect to the BT headset?

Thanks all for the great work, this looks very good at last, maybe after waiting several years, if
the BT headset stuff works, I can start using my FR as a phone ;) (BT handsfree is a legal
requirement here).

I did contribute way back to the power monitoring for qtmoko and fixing some bugs in that code, and
can contribute to making BT work seemlessly, if that is possible, but I need to know how far the
current integration has gone, and if anyone is actually using BT for phone calls.

I do not really need BT to work for the media players, or voice recording but it would be nice.

Thanks

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com