qtmoko v26 bluetooth headset

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Sep 16 10:00:58 CEST 2010

Hi Radek,

Great job, I have been away from the FR for a while, but I am back to see if I can finally use it as
a phone, and it looks like I may be able to now with this bluetooth stuff.

Its nice to see that my qtpedometer (with car finder) still works, which is just as well as I have
totally forgotten how to build apps for qtmoko ;)

I have several bt headsets and handsfree devices, so this is what I have found so far....

My plantronics earpiece works great, automatically connects when it is on, and the button accepts
and hangs up calls.

My Motorola T505 handsfree device also works, but the button does not accept or hangup calls, ditto
with the VR handsfree device I have. (This is a serious problem for me when in the car).

My IOGear stereo headset connects via A2DP, and works with mplayer (although rather choppy), and
only appears to be mono.

I have an in-car builtin bluetooth, which I haven't tried yet, it has buttons on the steering wheel
to accept and hangup calls.

I'll do some research to see why the headset button works but the handsfree doesn't, unless someone
can point me to the problem.

Its amazing that you were able to integrate all this into qtmoko!

The incoming call first is a bit of a problem but I can live with that for a while.

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com