QtMoko v26

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Sep 16 20:26:01 CEST 2010

Ori Pessach wrote:
> Again, I don't expect to get GPS fix indoors, or underground, in
> instantaneously. I would expect to get a fix after 15-20 minutes in my
> back yard or outdoors in an area with low buildings and a clear view of
> the sky. I live in Colorado - that's what we have here.

Try getting qtpedometer, it can be installed via the qt package manager. It will give a simple fix
with coords.

I found that sometimes I need to leave the FR standing upright outside and do not move it for 2-5
minutes to get a fix. The reason is that initially it needs to download the entire ephemeral, and
everytime it drops a byte it has to start again, So leaving it stationary while it is downloading
helps. Once it gets the entire ephemeral the next fix should be very quick, especially with the new
save of agps.

I was surprised that I actually got a fix indoors and instantly got them again after the first one
after upgrading to v26.