QtMoko v26

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Sep 16 23:55:25 CEST 2010

Ori Pessach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed v26 over the weekend and had some time to try and use it.
> I've seen a few serious issues, and some improvements.
>

> * The software has an ongoing problem processing T-Mobile's (USA) text
> messages that are sent when calling voice mail. A message from "129" is
> delivered as soon as I call voice mail, and the software insists on
> displaying a dialog right away. The stacking order for dialogs appears
> to be arbitrary, sometime making it impossible to dismiss the dialog
> while in the dialer with the numeric pad active. This can make it
> impossible to use the voice mail voice prompts. Ideally, the messages
> should be filtered and not delivered to the text message inbox at all -
> instead, they should be used to flip an indicator in the UI that voice
> mail is available.

I have this same issue, its been there since day one.

I'd be happy to fix this issue if someone can point me in the rough direction of where in qtmoko you
would handle these messages. I think this was fixed in the other dists, but every carrier has
different codes for different things, so handling it in a way that does not break other carriers
will be the challenge.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com