QtMoko v26

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 17 13:52:10 CEST 2010

On Thursday 16 September 2010 19:54:12 Ori Pessach wrote:

> It doesn't work this way for me. How do I debug it?

Close NeronGPS and all other apps that might use GPS. Then use console and do:

/opt/qtmoko/bin/gps-poweron.sh
cat /dev/ttySAC1

You should see what GPS chip is sending - it will be similar to this output:

$GPTXT,01,01,02,ANTSUPERV=AC SD OD PDoS *0A
$GPTXT,01,01,02,ANT$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N*53
$GPVTG,,,,,,,,,N*30
$GPGGA,,,,,,0,00,99.99,,,,,,*48
$GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.99,99.99,99.99*30
$GPGSV,1,1,00*79
$GPGLL,,,,,,V,N*64
$GPZDA,,,,,00,00*48
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N*53

If this works then your problem is probably just GPS satelite visibility.

The output should contain GPGSA,A,3 substring once you get a fix (i am not 100%
sure about this - you should search google and try to find something about nmea
to be sure...).

Regards

Radek