QtMoko v26

Ori Pessach opessach at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 22:04:45 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Ori Pessach wrote:
>
> > Well, here's what I'm getting:
> >
> > $GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N*53
> > $GPVTG,,,,,,,,,N*30
> > $GPGGA,,,,,,0,00,99.99,,,,,,*48
> >
> > etc. (I'm copying this off the phone's terminal so I think I can be
> excused
> > if I don't copy the whole output.)
> >
> > It's very similar to what you listed above, except that there are no
> $GPTXT
> > lines. Any idea what that means?
>
> Sorry i dont know much about GPS. There was an application which was
> showing
> GPS sattelites, but needs GPSD daemon running. This application would be
> very
> useful now, but i dont know of easy way to make it working now...
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

The GPGSA line is consistently showing that the GPS isn't getting a fix.
(The line would start with A,2 or A,3 if it had 2D or 3D fix, respectively,
according to the NMEA documentation I found.)

I don't see any other information being dumped out of the GPS - is there
perhaps an initialization procedure I can look at?

Also, does anyone know which external antenna I would need to connect to the
FR's GPS antenna connector?